Wednesday, February 15, 2012

2012

This year definately started out with a BANG! For both Sky and I it was out with the old and in with the new! Which is so ironic because as I was writing our Christmas card I was thinking why am I even writing this card our lives are going to be changing drastically in the coming months! So let me explain.... back in December Sky and I thought at any day we would be hearing back from Baylor on whether or not Sky had gotten into their law school to start in the Spring semester aka February 2nd was the first day of class. Going to Baylor in the spring had been the plan all along which is why we both killed ourselves all of 2011 with school so we could both graduate in December. I mean we were so set on going Sky had put in his resignation to Wells Fargo that his last day would be December 31, 2011 and I had told Knead A Massage to plan on me quitting then to. However, this is not what happened! We got wait listed at Baylor close to the end of December and then I got my DREAM job! We decided to move on with our lives and just try to go with the flow. I quit Knead A Massage December 31, 2011 and started at the The Grand Spa at The Grand America Hotel January 2, 2012. Sky decided to start looking for a job and by January 17th had 3 job offers - Marriott Hotel, Zions Bank, and Wells Fargo. He chose to stick with Wells Fargo but now instead of being a lead teller at a branch he works at the Wells Fargo call in center which is close to the SLC airport. All of January we waited to hear back from Baylor since they told us if we don't get a call by Feb 2nd aka the first day of class then we didn't get in. Well Feb 2nd came and went and now we have moved onto PLAN B. Which is we'll both work a ton and save and save, wait to hear back from other schools then decide which law school we will go to in the fall, travel (hopefully to Europe for two weeks), and then start law school in the fall. Here are some pics of where I work! I couldn't find any of the massage rooms online so I'll have to take some myself and then post them. I love everything about my new job it is the one massage job I have always wanted it is really a treat to work there it just seems too good to be true!






Now here is the list of schools we have applied to and if I haven't written anything next to them it means we haven't heard back from them yet.

CALIFORNIA
1. Pacific
2. Southwestern
3. Chapman

IDAHO
1. University of Idaho

NEVADA
1. University of Nevada Las Vegas

UTAH
1. BYU
2. University of Utah

TEXAS
1. Baylor - Wait list for Spring, still waiting to hear about Summer or Fall
2. Texas Tech - Wait list

NEBRASKA
1. Creighton - Accepted w/half tuition scholarship

OKLAHOMA
1. Tulsa - Accepted w/half tuition scholarship

ILLINOIS
1. Loyola - Deny
2. Chicago Kent - Wait list

VIRGINIA
1. Washington & Lee - Deny
2. Richmond
3. Regent - Accepted w/half tuition scholarship

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I honestly saw the pictures first and thought you guys had gone to Vegas! :) the hotel is beautiful! And congrats on pursuing your dreams! rejection is all part of the journey, it doesn't make you any less of a great future lawyer!

    ReplyDelete