Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Before and After

1. BEDROOM ARMOIRE - I found this piece at Goodwill on sale for $70, I talked it down to $50 since I complained that the stains looked like blood! lol When I got it home I washed it down really good, put contact paper on the shelves, had a hole drilled into one shelf with a board placed under the hole so the flat screen would fit, got new handles for it from Anthropology, and got the cute compartment boxes for our clothes and shoes from IKEA!
BEFORE


AFTER


2. KITCHEN TABLE - This table was given to us for free from Sky's grandparents, before it belonged to us it belonged to several other newly wed couples on that side of the family, we're pretty sure its over 20 years old. Sky and I tiled it with Mike and then Janet helped me reupholster the chairs and Sky and I spray painted the legs of the table and chairs.
BEFORE




AFTER



3. KITCHEN BACKSPLASH - I like to affectionately call the old color "puke green"
BEFORE


AFTER


4. MY WHOLE APARTMENT - I remember when Sky and I were engaged and apartment shopping and we walked into our apartment and I started crying because I hated it so much but I knew it was the best we could afford! lol All the walls were sterile white and cinder block and the bathroom looked like it belonged in a jail/insane asylum. But then we moved in and made it a home! Its amazing what a little paint and fabric can do! I love our apartment so much now, its so cozy and so us! Sorry I have no before pics only after!












5. OUR BEDROOM - This is the most recent before and after, our original bedroom stuff was nice so I never remodeled the bedroom. I was so focused on getting the living room/kitchen to look good so I chose browns, warm tones, and colors that would help both rooms fit together and flow since it is just one big room. This flow also flowed into the bathroom and nook which are also brown and warm tones. But then after over a year all that brown made me so annoyed with our brown bedroom and since its a room all its own I figured I could make it totally different! So I chose light, cheerful, and airy colors that would go along with my Greece painting that my Grandpa is painting for me! The before pic is what I posted online when I sold our bed and dresser online, it is not actually what our bedroom looked like (I used to have the dresser against the wall with our gold mirror and this vase thing on it). But anyway it was way cool cause it cost nothing to remodel the bedroom because everything I bought was paid for by what I was able to sell online!!!
BEFORE


AFTER






XOXO

2 comments:

  1. blood stains! ha, you would! it all looks great! isn't decorating a house so much fun! and trying to get the best deals is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so impressed by what you did with that living room! And the table looks great! Nice work, lady!

    ReplyDelete