Tuesday, February 14, 2012

OUR BEST BITES

Lets be honest I used to be a TERRIBLE cook! This was always frustrating to me since my Grandma Carolyn, Mom, and sisters have a natural gift with creating masterpieces in the kitchen. But then one day my sisters introduced me to the blog Our Best Bites which has tons of amazing recipes which are literally idiot proof which is what I needed! I instantly fell in love and wanted their cookbook that had just come out, and of course Laura being the amazing sister that she is bought it for me for Christmas! Now Sky thinks I am a FABULOUS cook! Boy have I got him fooled! The best part about the cookbook is each recipe has a beautiful picture to go along with it! This has been amazing because Sky and I just go through and look at the pictures and pick out what we want to eat that week and then I make our grocery list just based on what the recipes call for. Because let me tell you coming up with meal ideas is REALLY hard! Also cooking for two is REALLY hard and I've found if I cut the recipes in half then they make enough for Sky and I to eat a lot for dinner and then there are enough left overs to feed me for lunch the next day! So here are the recipes I've tried with pg numbers and with my own pics to go along! Also a couple times I would be so hungry I would forget to take a pic before we ate, sorry! Also most of the recipes call for garlic and onion, two things Sky and I do not like, so I always omit them and everything still tastes perfect! Sky hasn't disliked a single thing I have made yet which is saying something since he is a super picky eater!

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI pg. 102


GREEK COUSCOUS pg. 79


CHICKEN & DUMPLINGS pg. 104
PHILLY CHEESE STEAK SANDWICHES pg. 127
FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES pg. 134

STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE BARS pg. 216


CHEDDAR BROCCOLI SOUP WITH POTATOES pg. 95


BACON WRAPPED TERIYAKI CHICKEN SKEWERS pg. 117 and COCONUT RICE pg. 203


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you love the cookbook and that you guys are using it and enjoying it! That makes me feel so good! The pics look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no garlic and onions!!! have you guys lost your minds! that's what makes all their recipes amazing! it's funny that other people would look at the same cookbook and see totally different things that look good and make those first. We haven't made a lot of those, we love the broc soup, and the teriyaki sauce (we've made their homemade sauce but not the bacon wrapped chicken yet) and the coconut rice. We want to do the cheesecake bars but hailey is allergic to nuts. we've also done the french dip sandwiches. LOVE OBB!!!!

    ReplyDelete