Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years Eve 2011

So I just realized in my last post I mentioned how I got my hair done on my Bday but didn't include a pic! So here is my new hair and also our Xmas card! Kind of funny I sent out our Xmas card to what felt like a million people but then ran out of cards for my Mom&Dad, Laura, Amy, Sje, and Janet&Mike but I figured they already know what we've been up to so I wouldn't worry about it. But then Sky told me that that thinking didn't make sense, so here is my Xmas card for them since they didn't get one!


Happy Holidays!

It’s been a busy year for Skyler and I. We bought our first brand new car, hit the two year mark for our marriage, and celebrated our birthdays by taking a trip home to Rockford. I worked as a massage therapist at Knead a Massage while trying to juggle school and being my wards Young Women President. Skyler worked countless hours as a lead teller for Wells Fargo while taking 18 credit hours, studying for and taking the LSAT, and applying to several law schools. On top of all that, he was attending numerous meetings and scheduling appointments for the Bishop as the Executive Secretary. But the most exciting news we have to share is that we both completed our college degrees! I graduated from Salt Lake Community College with my Associates of Science Business Degree. Skyler graduated from The University of Utah with his Bachelors of Arts. He got his Major in Psychology, Minor in Religious Studies, and Criminology Certificate. We miss you all! Hope you’re doing well! With love, Kim&Sky

So that was our card and for Christmas we spent Xmas Eve down in Spanish Fork with Grandma Pearson then hung out at Sje's then Sky and I drove home and did our tradition of watching how the Grinch Stole Christmas and opening one present which is always PJs that we wear that night as we sleep by our Christmas tree! Xmas day we went to Janet&Mike's ward since they were speaking in Sacrament then we just hung out and opened presents and ate good food and watched movies.


Thanksgiving was super fun too because my family came into town! Monday Mom arrived and we went to Red Mango and she stayed at our house. Tuesday Mom and I drove to Provo and got Jordan and went out to eat then picked up Wes, Dad, Laura, and Livy from the airport then Laura&Livy stayed at our house and Mom, Dad, Wes, and Jordan got a hotel. Wednesday we all ate at Bruges Waffles and Frites aka where Sky and I bring everyone that visits, watched movies, and Sky and I went to work while everyone including Amy, Mike, and the twins checked into the house that was rented for the weekend in Bountiful. Thursday we all played Football and enjoyed a delicious feast prepared by Amy and her slaves! =D Then we all went to a pie party with Mom's family. That night Jordan and Wesley helped me with my black Friday shopping aka punched anyone that got in the way of me getting that flat screen for $80, lets just say I got it! Friday was one of my most favorite days because I got to spend it with the twins, Amy, Mike, and Mom in Park City! We got food, went shopping, and rode the trolley up and down main street, it was really too much fun!




Saturday we had a party to celebrate the twins upcoming birthday! Brady said something that will NEVER be forgotten, Sky and I are still laughing about it to this day! Since Sky and I didn't have to work we spent the night at the house. Sunday we said goodbye to Amy, Mike, and the twins and went to church with Mom's family. Then Mom, Dad, and Wes flew home while we drove Jordan back to Provo with Laura&Livy. Laura&Livy got to stay with us an extra day which was the perfect way to end the trip. We contemplated kidnapping Livy many times!



New Years Eve was also awesome! We went and saw the lights at Hogle Zoo which was very romantic and we even got to see lots of animals out and about! Then we had our close friends over for a fondue party and we all counted down to midnight together!


XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Thanksgiving was really too much fun! I think we'll always be talking about that trip! I just wish Chris and Adam could have been there. Good luck with trying to kidnap Olivia! bahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, thanks for the lack of card! I see where the love it! :) and you didn't mention that those triplet bunnies hailey is holding is all due to you! :) also, no comments on trying to kidnap my kids.... hmmmmm. oh, and what did Brady say???? :) love you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete